Insight
Dear Corks,
I’ve decided as I can’t write you another story, I’m going to do something different. This letter is all about how weird I am! It’s my way of getting you to admit your weirdness back! *grin*
You know how every body has got really strange things that they do. My mum has a thing about wet cutlery. It drives her nuts if we wash the dishes and don’t dry the cutlery straight away. Apparently it leaves waters pots on her delicate forks and knives. Hmmm.
G has this thing about planning. The idea of doing something spontaneous seems completely foreign to him. I rang him one day and said that I had planned for us to go away that evening for a nice weekend in the country. It took me hours to convince him. In the end he had such a great time, but admitted that it was rather stressful for him to just up and go. He says he loves that I make him do spontaneous things as each time he does he realises just how much fun it is.
Me, well I have a few strange habits.
I can’t stand making plans like ‘oh lets hook up next week for a drink’ If I make this plan on Monday, I am almost certain to cancel it by Tuesday. I have no idea why I do that, but plans for meetings that have not reason to them other than just to catch up should always be spontaneous in my mind.
I dust my feet before I get into bed. My mum used to make us do it when we were little. If you’re guessing she had a compulsive cleanliness nature, you’d be right. It has become a habit I can’t break and I make G do it too now. *raised eyebrows*
I scoff food down like it could be my last meal. Sometimes I eat so fast I actually choke because I try to inhale and swallow food at the same time. It is really embarrassing. Even when I try it is impossible for me to eat slowly. When it happens I go all red with embarrassment and pretend that I am choking on a chilli
When I am sad I write. When I am happy, I forget how.
I hate my hands and my feet. I hate my bum and my legs too, but not nearly as much as my hands and feet.
My favourite type of food is seafood, but if I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be Spaghetti Bolognaise. (Go figure)
I need to be in control. If I’m not I have mini anxiety attacks. I’ll tell you that we can do whatever you want and then when you suggest something I’ll make my suggestion and very subtly change your mind. I don’t realise I am doing it until I get my way. (That’s evil isn’t it? *cringe*)
In the face of disaster I can build a brick shelter and cook a feast on a can of beans. In normal every day life I can barely tie my shoelaces.
I love tomatoes with onions and salt otherwise I hate them!
I can’t stand Roast chicken, I’ll eat it, but I hate it. On the other hand I love any chicken that has been cooked with a sauce ie: Curry, Chinese, etc..
I don’t like the smell of Roast Pork. It reminds me of when we ate it in the south pacific. Sometimes they would slaughter them and accidentally pierce the bladder. Then all the meat would smell like urine. It put me off pork. I like pork chops though.
If someone is walking behind me I’ll cross the road just to get them away from me. I hate strangers walking behind me, it makes me nervous.
I suffer from mild claustrophobia. When it happens I start sweating and can’t breathe properly. Then I start running in any direction I think there may be space.
I have an insane love of dogs. G made the mistake of taking me to the Battersea dogs home. You can imagine what happened.
My recent addiction is chilli. I smother everything in it of late. Also I love salt. There is nothing yummier than sour mango and salt.
When I left home to come back to London, I cried most for my little dog I left behind. Her name is Winnie and she is a Maltese terrier. Whenever I ring home, my mum puts her on the phone! (Yep, it gets weirder). When I sing, she sings with me. You can imagine that it’s no platinum album.
I know I have found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with because he dusts his feet for me and thinks its funny, he loves food as much as I do, he is protective when I get claustrophobic, he gives me all the chillies on his plate, he points out dogs to me on the street, he doesn’t want me to get a Maltese Terrier because it would be like replacing Winnie, he tries to remember all my strange food dislikes, I barely write anymore because I am so happy that I'm breathing on my own, and he lets me take control when I need to.
I know I love him because I don’t try and subtly get things to go my way all the time, (only sometimes) I wake up smiling and go to sleep smiling, I do the bum dance for him and he thinks its funny and I am not embarrassed that he’s seen it, after my shower in the morning I race back in the room and nose dive back into bed with a silly grin, I talk like a baby (that is worse than the bum dance) and I am always excited when I see him.
Wait, I have more. Actually, I found this in my in-box from Zman ages and ages ago. You read and then you fill it out and send it back to me.
Ok, I am cringing... but I said I would send the true answers...
1. Which CD is in your CD player right now?
Coldplay
2. Sweet or Savoury
Savoury
3. What is the first thing you notice about someone you're attracted to
The way they move, their smile, their eyes.
4. How old where you when you went on your first date and where
14 - swimming at the local pool. Then he tried to mop my face with his tongue. I still have nightmares.
5. Most disastrous night out with a date
Melbourne. I was 17. We went to Bilboard nightclub. As we walked in I tripped on the top stair and tumbled all the way to the bottom. Aside from the sheer embarrassment and physical pain I was in, I broke the heel off my boot and had to spend the rest of the night limping around. I stuck it out, after which we went for hot dogs. As I bit into the hot dog it squirted tomato sauce and mustard all down my front. I'm all class!
6. How would your best friend describe you
Like an emotional cocktail. Tasteful, intriguing, warms you from the inside and if you're not careful you could find yourself dizzy and intoxicated with too much of a good thing. he he
7. What makes you cry
The little things. A letter, a smile, lingering touch, mournful eyes, masked pain, suffering, the underdog, the struggle, the flinch, the expression that was not meant to be seen.
8. Most inspirational person
Mother Theresa and Mum
9. What is it in people that draws you to them
Their laughter. Their love of life. That their cup is half full and never half empty.
10. Would you throw punches or walk away
Anger management... hmmm. I'd lilke to say I would walk away, but in the past I haven't. If it is aimed at me I can walk away, but if someone I love is being treated badly, attacked, etc... I'm like a bull at a gate with a red rag.
11. Greatest fear that shakes you from the inside out
Loss.
12. Mortality or immortality and why
Mortality. I don't want to be left behind. I would imagine immortality would be like rice paper. You age from the inside out until you feel stretched and dry and papery and translucent.
13. If you were being watched what would someone see.
When alone, I have a bad habit of writing on everything. Napkins, receipts... once even toilet paper.
14. What's missing?
Home - my family!
15. What would someone do to melt you from the inside
Run me a warm bath, fill the bathroom with candles and soft music, and while I am languishing in the tub, play with my hair and talk to me about everything and nothing. Ahhh pure indulgence. Or just stroke my hair - it's the closest thing to heaven.
16. Swim with sharks or dolphins
Dolphins
17. If at the cross roads you took a different path, where would you be now?
I'd be a forensic pathologist
18. What is the one thing (tangible or non tangible) that if you gave it up would hurt the most.
My writing - it's how I breathe.
19. Which movie would you star in
Gorillas in the mist - as Sigourney of course or flashdance cause she is hot!!!! I'm torn between sensitive do-gooder and man-eating dancing queen.
20. What is one thing your friends probably don't know about you
I found myself on the streets for a time.
Wow, that was a long letter. Now you have to do your answers and mail them back.
Big kiss and all my love.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home