Thursday, March 30, 2006

Next time round.

Hi Corks,

Well, I had one hell of a day on Tuesday. Not only did I get K’s letter that you wrote her, I also went home to find my letter waiting. I read them out loud to G and we laughed at all your stories and smiled at how even on paper your humour and personality still shine through.

I scanned K’s one in to B and P and sent it. B was so excited and happy to have it. I haven’t scanned in mine yet, but now I know they can open the scans, I’ll send her mine today.

You asked in your letter how to get letters to them. Do it through me. Just post it to me and I’ll scan it in and they’ll have it in no time at all. That was the plan B and I came up with from the start. I can imagine that along with the cost of posting it from the UK for you, B would also be chewing her finger nails to the quick waiting for each one to arrive by post.

So tell me more about F. How is the bubble wrapping going. Everyone giggled when I told them what you are doing. We were all thinking that if anyone could come away from a day of doing that with a funny story it would be you.

Do you know what other jobs there are to choose from when your two week induction is complete? What are your thoughts? It would be so awesome if you could take a course in something that you never would do otherwise. Like sewing or wait… I know – COOKING! I would be so blown away if you came out of F knowing how to cook. *laughing*.

Actually, when I read your letter and you said that you looked forward to being less subdued when you come out, why don’t we do something together. Let’s take a course together like cooking or photography. It would be so much fun Corks. I know G would love it. He’s such a conscientious student and he never fails to makes me laugh. G always wants to excel at everything, which inspires me to do the same. I taught him how to make rice so it is not sticky and gluggy. Now whenever he makes it he concentrates so hard because he wants to make sure it is as good if not better than mine. While he is preparing it I sit on the couch and watch him out of the corner of my eye. It makes me giggle to see the way he scrubs the rice and measures the water almost as if her were performing life-threatening brain surgery. Some times I wish I embraced everything in the same way he does. I have to tell you Corks, I’ve never felt so happy or so loved or so comfortable in the space exist as I do now.

So, back to the course. We could take a photography course and then you can make all your own artwork for the walls of your flat. But I think it would be more fun to take a cooking course together. I’d like to learn how to cook really shit hot thai food. What do you think?

So you explained to me what you could order from the ‘tuck shop’ at B. What do you get at F. Tell me all about what a day in the life at F. You know sweetie, everyone agrees that you write so well, I bid everyone to keep your letters so we can compile a mini book for you when you come out. Maybe you should consider writing one. Not necessarily about F, but about something. You’ve got a really good way with words.

Speaking of stories, I don’t have one for you today. Work is really stressful and I have a lot on so I’d rather focus on speaking directly to you today rather than trying to entertain you. *smile*

So, has someone been in touch with your family Corks. I know you didn’t tell them and I can understand why. I know that I would have done the same thing. Sometimes I think about the way I handle things. I think about the many things I never told my parents and only by the grace of good luck did I come out of it in one piece. Did I ever tell you about the time I lived on the streets of Sydney. I had no money and no food and I slept in train stations on trains and in people’s backyards. It wasn’t that long a time, but long enough that I knew I wouldn’t be in that place again. I remember that I refused to call my parents for help because I was too proud or too embarrassed or something in between those two feelings. Still today I know in my heart I did the right thing. But I wonder if I had a child whether I would be devastated to know that she or he felt they couldn’t come to me in their hour of need. It wasn’t that I couldn’t go to them, it was more that I didn’t want to. I didn’t want to hear the worry in their voices. Do you know why you have so many friends Corks? It’s because you’re the comrade everyone knows would go to war for us. This is a prime example! And even if no one says it as directly as that, their actions scream it from the towers like brass bells on a Sunday morning.

Anyway, that was deep enough for one day and slightly lacking in structure, but I am hoping you get what I’m trying to say. You said I could tell you anything. Next time I’ll tell you why I started our blog up! Remind me to tell you.

So G-man and I want to come and see you. As I am still on probation it is hard to come up during a weekday, but my probation ends at the end of Aprl so I am taking the day off work on the 3rd of May when B is here so we can come up together. She will be here from May 1st (Public Holiday). I will be in Hamburg that weekend and get back late at night on the 1st of May. As the 2nd is a Tuesday and not a visiting day, it will have to be the 3rd. Unless B can make it up on her own on the 1st? I just tried to ring her, but couldn’t get through. Can you plan for seeing her on the 1st or 3rd of May anyway until I get back to you with a confirmation. I know she is leaving on the 4th May which is a Thursday. In the meantime can G and I come and see you on the any one of these days that you have free: April: 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd?

I know K would really like to see you too. She is in New York at the moment and should be back next Wednesday. I love her to bits, she is too cool and I would have no problem coming to see you with K.

Well my sweet sweet Corky, I miss you terribly. Can’t wait to have you back in amongst the fray and when you are I promise you we’ll do as you say – we’ll make the most of everything!

All my love and kisses
Al

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker