Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Grown Ups

You asked me to marry you - way out in the middle of the English countryside, far, far from the madding crowd. We lay curled into one another on that sumptuous bed, in that beautiful country side retreat, after hour long massages that melted all our knots away. I was excited about heading down to dinner and wondered only briefly at your somber mood. I thought perhaps you were tired, it never occurred to me that you were running a thousand different ways of proposing through your head.

You played with my hair, while I stretched and curled back into you and started telling me how excited you were for us. Excited about new lives, fresh places to travel to, new experiences and friends to make. You told me not to be scared, you told me how much it meant to you that we'd found one another... and then you rolled off the bed on to one knee.

I started yelling 'no, no, no', while bouncing on the bed with you looking on comically.

'Are you saying no'? you asked, while I laughed and shook my head.

'Are you asking what I think you're asking?' I said....

You asked me to marry you in the middle of the English country side on a cold and beautiful day in March. You rolled off our sumptuous bed in our beautiful English retreat, naked like the day we were both born and I couldn't help thinking that only grown ups get married. I couldn't help wondering how I was supposed to look all grown up when I said yes, while wearing nothing but the ring you slipped on my finger.

It's been 3 weeks since I left our English home. Packed and primed and after many a farewell drink - I said my hundred goodbyes and boarded a plane bound for the sunny coast of Sydney.

It's pretty here and I'm filled with a thousand overwhelming emotions, the biggest of which has to do with missing you!

I'm not exploring just yet. I don't know if you remember, but I told you I wouldn't. I told you that I wanted this to be our journey... and I will delay the beginning of mine until you get here. I think it will be funnerer* that way don't you?!

LUMB!





1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

our journey will be funnerer whatever happens cos we'll be doing it together, and i can't wait. LUSM

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker